Thursday, April 7, 2011

Trailer Trash Art Deco

I have to include a picture of our newest art piece. We found this at a trendy little gallery just outside of Fredericksburg, TX. The gallery consisted of two or three travel trailers (it was hard to tell), a couple of pickups, and a large tarp strung stylishly between them. They had picked a spot at the side of the highway that was easy to see in time to stop and had good parking and visibility to get you back on the road.


As I said in an earlier post, Barb is still not sure about this, but she let me invest in it. I love it! It's mounted in our living room on it's sturdy Chinese plastic base and, as you can see, makes a beautiful reflection at night in the window behind it. It was hard to choose but this one called out to me with a mix of mystery, insouciance and boldness. Art does stretch our minds...

No comments:

Post a Comment