Friday, August 26, 2011

Killing Kate, On the Road Again & Misc...

Some might remember that last Christmas I gave Barb the present of her appearing in a mystery novel as a character. Julie Kramer is a White Bear Lake author and her fourth book was being written last November. She has a relationship to MinnPost, the news blog. So, for a donation larger than the others (an auction) I got to name Barb as a character. The book, Killing Kate, came out in July. As in her first three, the heroine is a reporter at a Twin Cities TV network affiliate.

Barb started it and found me in it first. In the book I left my pickup with my dog in it and went in to a business. Hot. Dog died! Then Barb showed up offering to deal all the dirt on her ex-husband - me! By the end of the book I feel like I've been hounded by the reporter and the station, enter the studio with a gun and do the worst. Well that wasn't exactly what we expected! Kind of fun, but not much of a present for Barb!

We missed going to Michigan to visit the Gabrielse' the week of July 4 because of Barb's back. We've been doing a series of Physical Therapy visits and will be headed to MI for a fall visit.

Barb's back is much better and we've changed some of our transfer processes to lessen twisting.

No comments:

Post a Comment