Friday, June 26, 2009

Arches National Park (6/26)

Through Arches in the morning and to Montrose in the PM. I chose the back way to Montrose – 40 miles shorter than the Interstate and 90 minutes longer! But very scenic.

I’m using the larger format for all the pics from now on – it’s only storage.


Don't know what Barb was laughing at, me probably!

And the best for last:

I’m amazed at the number of big class A RV’s on the road and in campgrounds; for being in a recession it surprises me, but then I’m naïve. I’ve seen 3 or 4 Views (the relatively efficient RV we have) the whole trip. Granted, most of the big A’s are parked but there are still many, many on the road pulling Navigators and Suburbans.

Two nights in Montrose now; laundry, showers, naps, groceries, and a good restaurant Saturday night. Then on to Sylvan Lake State Park, near Vail. Reservations already made at Sweet Basil.

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures, guys! I am jealous! enjoy your travels!

    ReplyDelete